Civil Engineering branch, as a basic branch of Engineering is given the status of the mother of all Engineering branches. The demand for Civil Engineering is more in all developing countries. It is a fancy for the developed nations to construct tall structures like “Brig Khalifa”, tunnels in a sea, fly over, long span structures etc. In such activities the role of Civil Engineers as very important.
This spurt in the field of construction prompted the TEC management to start a course on Civil Engineering from 2008.
The Vision of the Department of Civil Engineering is to be a world class academic centre for quality education and research in diverse areas of Civil Engineering, with a strong social commitment.
The mission of the department is to provide a scholastic environment for state – of –art research, resulting in practical applications and to undertake professional consultancy services in diverse areas of Civil Engineering.
Civil engineering is the application of planning, designing, constructing, maintaining, and operating infrastructures while protecting the public and environmental health.It is one of the most versatile and diverse fields of engineering that encompasses the areas of geotechnical sciences, surveying, planning, structural design, environmental engineering, hydraulics, transportation engineering, hydrology, construction technology and more and it is the oldest disciplines of engineering that deals with design and construction.
The Department of Civil Engineering is committed to research and development. The department strives to give budding civil technocrats exposure to the challenges of this profession and give them the tools to build the future of our nation.
The Department offers an undergraduate programme in Civil Engineering leading to the BTech degree. The laboratories of the Department are well equipped. Strength of the department lies in the highly motivated staff and students who understand the dynamics of the industry and hone their skills accordingly. Keeping in the view syllabus of this department is highly matching with the today’s requirements
- B. Tech
This course of study is in its infant stage. But this department is now having well developed laboratories like material testing, transportation, highway material testing, concrete testing and survey. Geo technical, Environmental CAD and research lab are being planned for the next academic year. When once all the facilities are made available, the Civil Engg department will take up all source of consultancy works and other allied problems.
Program Outcomes of Civil Engineering Department
• An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
• An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
• An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
• An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
• An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
• An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
• An ability to communicate effectively
• The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
• Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning Knowledge of contemporary issues
• An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.