Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering is one of the founding departments of Travancore Engineering College and started functioning in 2002. This branch of study, formerly known as Electrical Engineering and is one of the basic branches of Engineering. The present syllabus provides equal weightage for Electrical as well as Electronics Engineering fields. Right from its inception, the department has been rated very high in academic circles. The Department is honored to have well qualified and experienced faculty and equally zealous technical team. Most students of the department got placement in leading industries or organizations and get admissions in reputed institutions in India and abroad for their higher studies.
Dr. M C Johnwiselin
Professor & HOD
- B Tech
- Electrical Machines Lab has a number of machines which include DC Generator, Motors, Synchronous Motors, Transformers of various capacities.
- Power Systems Lab consist of high voltage and relay testing facilities. It provides facilities for all testing ,insulation testing of cables and also high-voltage frequency testing and impulse voltage testing.
- Electrical measurements & Instrumentation Lab is well equipped for the measurement of various electrical equipments with sufficient member of standards and measuring equipments.
- Electronics Lab Includes the Electronics Circuits Lab and the Power Electronics Lab.
- The other laboratories in this department are System & Control Lab, Microprocessor Lab and Software Lab.
- Electrical Maintenance Wing : This is an electrical maintenance wing which undertakes the electrical and maintenance of the whole college campus. It also provides uninterrupted power supply by maintaining two DMG sets of 63 KVA capacity each and an indoor substation.
- Electrical & Electronics Engineers Association : This is a technical forum where is the teachers and students participates for sharing the views on modern technology developments.